VIPKid is an online ESL company that hires Americans/Canadians to teach English online to students in China! The lessons are 25 minutes long, 1-on-1, and take place on a virtual platform that’s similar to Skype or Zoom. All of the lessons are planned and done for you and are done from the comfort of your home! You are paid $16-$22/hr depending on experience, degree level, and certifications.
What are the requirements to be a VIPKid teacher?
1. Bachelor’s Degree (in any field). You do NOT need a teaching certificate! BUT a Bachelor’s degree is a MUST!
2. 1 year minimum experience with children. (Teaching, tutoring, babysitting, coaching, homeschooling, parenting, etc)
3. Eligibility to work in the U.S. or Canada. You do not need to live in the U.S. or Canada, but eligibility to work is a MUST.
When you apply, a VIPKid hiring coach will e-mail you. Please respond! We want motivated people that will follow through with the hiring process and the coach will be your go-to person for help and questions. If you have any questions about VIPKid, please e-mail and a hiring coach will respond asap.
1. Please put teaching experience as 1-3 years, unless you have more. 12 months or less will not allow you to pass the application.
2. Do NOT schedule an interview right away when prompted. Please wait to get an email from the hiring coach to explore all of your options. PLEASE CHECK YOUR SPAM/JUNK FOLDER FOR AN EMAIL!
3. Don’t wait! Be motivated! Working 10 hours a week can earn you $1,000 a month! Please communicate with your hiring coach. They want to help you succeed!